Veeting takes great care to protect your privacy and to secure the data that is stored on the Veeting Rooms servers. Veeting takes measures to protect personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, manipulation, or destruction.
- When you use Veeting Rooms, you send pieces of data to the Veeting Rooms; this can be a name, an e-mail address, or information relating to your meetings. Other data is generated implicitly by your use of the Veeting Rooms, e.g. log data.
2. Log data
- Veeting Rooms records certain requests and transactions in log files. This log data is used for troubleshooting, statistics, quality assurance, and to monitor system security and can be analyzed to that end. Veeting can publish anonymous statistics under the condition that no personally identifiable information can be derived from such statistics. Veeting does not use any third party service provider to produce statics, e.g. we do not use Google Analytics or similar third party services.
4. Outdated and completed meetings
- You can delete outdated, completed or any other of your meetings manually at any time using the admin link or the account management tools. When deleting a meeting, that meeting's information will be deleted from the Veeting Rooms databases. Furthermore, free meetings are automatically deleted after the meeting ended.
5. Inactive accounts
- Veeting can delete user-accounts if they remain inactive (i.e. not accessed) and not payed for 6 month or longer.
6. Unauthorized access
- Veeting implements several mechanisms to prevent unauthorized access to meetings, accounts, or other data.
- To access a meeting, you use the unique link which the Veeting Rooms provide and which contains a random access code. This link is an important element to prevent unauthorized access to a meeting. You should send this link only to authorized people, i.e., the people you wish to participate in your meeting.
- User-accounts are protected by passwords. You should choose a secure password and ensure its confidentiality to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
7. Invitations from the Veeting Rooms
- As an option, you can contact and invite people to participate in a meeting from the Veeting Rooms account. In this case, the Veeting Rooms need to know the e-mail addresses of the people to be contacted. You can enter these e-mail addresses in the corresponding form. Veeting Rooms stores these e-mail addresses in your user-account for your convenience; The Veeting Rooms will be able to offer you the same contacts again next time you use the service. You can have Veeting Rooms delete all stored e-mail addresses at any time using the corresponding function in your user account.
- Like all other personal information, Veeting will not share participants' e-mail addresses with third parties. Veeting will not send any e-mail communication to participants' e-mail addresses without your consent or the consent of the participants with one exception: if a participant of a meeting fills in the optional e-mail field Veeting Rooms sends the meeting summary to that e-mail address after the meeting.
8. Communication between you and Veeting
- If you send Veeting a message, this message can be stored to process it, to compile statistical information, to improve our services and support, or to get in touch with you.
9. Payment processing
- Veeting uses the Swiss payment provider Datatrans for all payments. Veeting sends your email address and a unique identification number to Datatrans during the payment process.
10. Location of data
- The Veeting Rooms databases and servers are located in Switzerland.
11. Sharing personal information
- Veeting may share personal information with Swiss government agencies, other companies or individuals only in the following limited circumstances:
- Veeting has your consent;
- Veeting has good faith that there is a legal obligation to share the data;
- Veeting needs to access or share the data to protect the security of Veeting Rooms or of other users' data;
- Veeting needs to access or share the data to protect Veeting's rights and property or to enforce the Terms of Service